Are you a lover or a fighter in your marriage? Is your relationship heaven-on-earth or a living hell? Take this Lover or Fighter Quiz, find out, and make right all the wrongs you discover.
1. Have you ever become so upset with your significant other that you became violent?
2. Have most of your past relationships been filled with conflict?
3. Do you get into an argument with your significant other at least once a week?
4. Have any of your relationships ever ended because of your mood, anger, or temper?
5. Have you ever said to, or done things with, your significant other, in anger that you came to regret?
6. Do you have a difficult time expressing remorse when you have made a mistake?
7. Do you believe that your relationship is more interesting because of the constant conflict?
8. Do you believe that getting into regular fights with your significant other just shows that you really care?
9. Do you have fights with your significant other and often can’t remember what you are fighting about?
10. Do you find yourself waiting for your significant other to piss you off again?
11. As far as your relationships go, do you believe – and live by – the adage that “opposites attract”?
12. Are you often asked to ‘calm down’?
13. Do other people say that you are stubborn?
14. Have you been told more than once that you ‘fly off the handle’ or have a bad temper?
15. Do you think that fighting with your significant other is okay as long as it does not become physical?
16. Were your parents generally argumentative, sullen, spiteful, nitpicky, or negative with each other?
17. Are you an alcoholic?
18. Have you ever withheld intimacy to punish your significant other?
19. Have you ever gotten really angry with your significant other when they arrived late for dinner with you because of an emergency at work?
20. Have you ever lived with an alcoholic?
None of us was born already knowing the right way to create and nurture a great relationship. We have to work at relationships. Sometimes we need to “check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.” In other words, we need to get our own behavior in line with the type of relationship we want to have.
There is no magic score with my Lover or Fighter 20-question quiz. However, generally speaking, your relationship is not near blissful if you answered, “yes” to more than a very, very few of my 20 quiz questions. I believe in the primacy of a peaceful, loving relationship. If you would rather be a lover than a fighter in your relationship, get focused on replacing the bad habits (that have been revealed by your “yes” answers) with better habits. Read books. Listen to audio programs. Get a relationship coach. Do whatever it takes to make your relationship heaven on earth.
About Life Coach Darryl Mobley: Darryl Mobley has been called “America’s No. 1 Life Coach!” Darryl reveals how to become more successful, happier, wealthier, get unstuck, and be better at everything you do.