In Luke 17:15-19, Jesus talks about the importance of giving thanks in the story of the grateful Leper:
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.
So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? 18 Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”
Are you like the grateful leper or one of the nine that did not deem it necessary to come back and say Thank you?
Well, this is your moment of change. It is time to embrace the culture of saying “Thank You” at all times. Continue living your life from now on with an attitude of thankfulness and you will see the kind of doors that will open in your favor.
1 Thessalonians 5:18; Psalm 75:1; Psalm 100:1-5; Psalm 136:1-26; 1 Chronicles 16:8 and Colossians 2:6-7.
Father, I thank You for:
- The salvation of my soul
- Loving me so much that you sent your only begotten son to die for the remission of my sins
- The wonder-working power in the blood of Jesus Christ
- Being my portion in the land of the living
- The fruit of your spirit working wonders in me
- Never leaving or forsaking me for even one second
- Keeping me and all that concerns me in perfect peace that surpasses all understanding
- Hearing me in the day of trouble and sending me help from your holy sanctuary
- Sending your angels to take charge and keep me in all my ways
- Loving me so much You sent your only begotten Son to die on the cross of Calvary for the remission of my sins
- Being my Refuge and my Fortress; my God in whom I trust
- Arising and causing my enemies to scatter
- Preserving my going out and my coming in from this time forth and even for evermore
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory through Christ Jesus
- Turning my travails into triumphs, my scars into stars and my pain to gain
- Causing every dark place in my life to receive your light
- Ensuring that every spirit of intimidation and oppression in my life suffers defeat
- Enlarging my financial, spiritual, marital and physical coasts
- Giving me the possession of where ever the soles of my feet tread
- Making a way for me where there seems to be no way
- Giving ear to my words and considering my sighing
- Making stumbling blocks in my life into stepping stones
- Your goodness and mercy following me all the days of my life
- Contending with those that contend with me
- Loading me every single day with divine daily benefits
- Turning my disappointments into appointments
- Delighting in me because I fear you
- The plans You have for me; plans to prosper me and not harm me, plans to give me hope and a future
- Revealing deep and secret things to me
- Instructing and teaching me in the way which I should go and guiding me with your eye
- Keeping me from presumptuous sins and not letting them have dominion over me
- Making the crooked places in my life straight
- Turning my captivity around and causing me to be like them that dream
- Making me an everlasting pride and the joy of all generations
- Giving me the grace to wait on you and not man
- Visiting my body and uprooting every malfunctioning organ
- Building a hedge of protection around me and my family
- Making a way for me where it seemed like there was no way
- Unmerited favor and divine protection, in Jesus’ mighty name I pray, Amen!
May Oyairo is the Founder and Publisher of MannaXPRESS.